Transition Year Book Launch 2013 Read More
2nd Year Trip to Fota Read More
Saoirse Garet 4D blogs about her Camino de Santiago experience Read More
Latest edition of "Living the Green" Read More
125th Anniversary Celebrations Read more
- Transition Year was introduced into the school programme in 1996.
- Transition Year is optional in St Angela’s College.
- Between 85% and 95% of our Junior Certificate students take up the Transition Year option.
- They are divided into 3 or 4 base classes.
- We believe that the inclusion of a fourth year in the secondary school cycle gives the student a more rounded education;
- It offers her a chance to mature and develop socially, intellectually and emotionally;
- It enables her to explore options, which would not otherwise be normally open to her;
- It allows her to build for herself a more solid foundation before proceeding to a Leaving Certificate programme.
Our Aim is to encourage the student:
- To be more confident and secure;
- To be more caring and sensitive to the needs of others;
- To develop study and time management skills;
- To improve her ability to communicate effectively;
- To enhance her skills in analysis and critical thinking;
- To develop creativity and to acquire new aptitudes, interests or skills;
- To consider carefully her future career orientation;
- To strive to ensure good physical and mental health;
- To become more inquisitive and aware of the world around her.
Creted by: Web Design Cork | Hosting