St Angela’s College has educated young women in Cork for 125 years and the Ursuline values, beliefs and ethos which makes St Angela’s students so special will continue in our new facilities in Griffith College campus.
This September 2013, St Angela’s College will move to a 5.3 acre campus on Wellington Road, Cork City, on the site of the former St. Patrick’s Hospital and Marymount Hospice.
St. Angela’s College will sub-let the former hospital and hospice acres of the campus for three years from Griffith College, to facilitate a major renovation of St Angela’s College, and the construction of state-of-the-art new buildings, on St. Patrick’s Hill.
The buildings which date back to the 1870’s are being sensitively adapted by architects O Donnell and Tuomey and developed to meet the requirements of St Angela’s College and its student population of over 530 students. The campus will be called ‘Griffith College Cork, Wellington Road Campus’.
St. Angela’s College will occupy 4,600 square meters of the campus during a major renovation of their exiting school on St. Patrick’s Hill. Within the campus Griffith College and St. Angela’s College will operate as separate entities, having different entrances and accommodation.
The new facility will provide St. Angela’s College with extra facilities including
- More classrooms, ICT and Science facilities.
- New Computer Laboratories
- Larger Library Facilities
- An increase in the number of meeting rooms and offices
- Increased Wireless Capacity